Introduction to No. 112
iLaw, a non-profit organisation and one of the counterparts in Thailand, has just published a book “Introduction to No.112,” answering twelve questions we need to know and understand about the Article 112.
Pavin Chachavalpongpun, October 22, 2021
Some of the questions the book addresses are:
- What is the origin of the lèse-majesté law?
- Who are under the protection of the law?
- What kind of actions were considered lèse-majesté in the past?
- Is it true that the severity of the sentence depends on the political situation?
- If accused of violating under Article 112, is there a change to win the case?
- What is the condition of those charged with lèse-majesté in prison? And what is a kind of impact on life of those who are released from prison?
Details of how to buy this book can be found here. The book costs 200 baht. https://www.ilaw.or.th/node/5949